The Highest Rated Sherman Oaks, CA, Audiologist
Meet Our Founder
Shahrzad Cohen, Au.D., FAAA
Board Certified Doctor of Audiology
Board Certificate Holder in Tinnitus Management (CH-TM)
Dr. Cohen is the lead Audiologist and founder of Hearing Loss Solutions. She is board-certified and a fellow of American Academy of Audiology (AAA) and Academy of Doctors of Audiology (ADA). Dr. Cohen is a member of California Academy of Audiology (CAA), and currently is serving on the advisory board of California Speech and Hearing Association (CSHA) – District 7 as the continuing education officer.
Dr. Cohen received her Master of Science degree in Communication Disorders- Audiology in 2001 from California State University, Northridge. She completed her clinical fellowship year in private ENT and Otology centers among the best of medical doctors dealing with disorders of head and neck. She has advanced her training by obtaining her Doctor of Audiology degree from the University of Florida.
Dr. Cohen is a firm believer of individually tailored evidence-based diagnosis, intervention, and treatment plan for her patients. She strives for educators’ and parents’ understanding of how hearing disorders impact cognitive development, behavior, and social interaction of the patient and the family members.
- Board Certified by American Board of Audiology (ABA), 2013-Current
- Audiology Board Certificate Holder in Tinnitus Management (CH-TM), 2017-Current
- Certified Provider, Cochlear Americas, 2015-Current
- Certified Provider, The Listening Program (TLP), 2014-Current
- Certified Gold Provider, Sensophincs, 2018- Current
- Fellow of American Academy of Audiology (AAA), 2001- Current
- Fellow of Academy of Doctors of Audiology (ADA), 2013- Current
- Fellow of Academy of Educational Audiologists (AEA), 2016- Current
- Fellow of California Academy of Audiology (CAA), 2012- Current
- Fellow of California Speech and Hearing Association (CSHA), 2013- Current
- Professional Member of American Tinnitus Association (ATA), 2016- Current
- Professional Member of Hearing loss Association of America (HLAA), 2017
- Gold Member of the Sensophonics Musician Program, 2018- Current
Honors and Awards
- American Academy of Audiology: “Academy Scholar,” 2016, 2017, 2018
- Persian Society Leadership Award, 2016
- American Academy of Audiology: “Academy Scholar,” 2015
- American Academy of Audiology: “Academy Scholar,” 2014
- Cum Laude, 1999
- Life Member of Alpha Gamma Sigma, 1995
- Member of Phi Theta Kappa International Society, 1994
- “Hearing Loss and Memory: Review of Recent Research”, Einstein University Geriatric Education Department, 11/2017
- “Incorporating CAPD in Private Practice: What You Need to Know to Get Started”, California Academy of Audiology; Annual Conference, 9/2017
- Radio Professional Commentator and Host of the “Medical News & Info”, Jan-Jun 2014
- Why My Darn Hearing Aids Are Not Working?” The Fifth Annual Onegeneration Senior Symposium, 4/2012
Schedule Your Appointment with Our Sherman Oaks, CA, Audiologist Today
To learn more about Hearing Loss Solutions and to meet our founder, Dr. Cohen, schedule your Hearing Loss Solutions Consultation today by calling 818-989-9001 or by clicking here. Your appointment includes a review of your medical history, an in-depth discussion of your hearing loss concerns and goals, and an explanation of our process. After your consultation, Dr. Cohen will recommend further evaluation and testing, if necessary, and a treatment plan customized to your hearing needs. Call today – we look forward to welcoming you to the Hearing Loss Solutions family!
As one of the premier hearing centers in Sherman Oaks, CA, our Audiologist and team at Hearing Loss Solutions also provide 5-star-rated hearing care to patients from Encino, Beverly Hills, Studio City & Calabasas, CA, and surrounding areas.